Steps To Safety
1. Keep the gun unloaded. Never leave a bullet in a stored gun.
2. Always keep the gun's safety on, even if it is unloaded.
3. Store all firearms out of children's reach and in a locked cabinet or drawer.
4. Store ammunition in a separate locked cabinet.
5. Treat all guns and firearms, including pellet guns, as if they are loaded.
6. Tell children to never touch a gun.
7. Keep no firearms in the home if someone has a history of depression or threatens suicide.
8. Teach gun safety in the home.
9. All gun owners and children of owners should take a gun safety course.